Making a Touchdown with Trending Tablescape & Football Food Faves.
Check out the Mommy Magic Segment easy how to set up for an amazing SuperBowl Party that is easy, affordable & fun! Food Faves – keep it simple with everyone’s favorite football favorite food. Creating individual meal packs are easy and fun for kiddos! A SuperBowl party is a great time to bring families together.
The New Year is the perfect time to clean out, sort and organize family clutter! We’ve got the trending Organization Hacks that will help your family edit the mess in 2020 in 3 Easy Steps!
- Pantry: Clean & Sort- things creep into your pantry and refrigerator from the holidays and can take on a life of their own. Start 2020 with a deep clean of both zones. Approach it like cleaning a closet. Do you need it or even like it? If the answer is no, clean it out and donate it to a local food pantry!
- Kids Closets & Toys: Organize & Visible- affordable containers, organizers and sorters are easy to find at your local Walmart, Target and online. Consider using a few to help keep your items and toys visible and well as organized!
- No More Mess: Maintain & Declare- don’t buy more until what you have has been sorted, used or consumed. Don’t overstock areas including refrigerator, pantry and closets with unnecessary items that you don’t have plans to use or consume in the next 30 days. Keep it a clutter free space by having what you need, use and enjoy for the next few weeks at a time.
Tips for Creating the Ultimate College Care Packages and ways to help your college kiddo get adjusted & parents too!
Having a child go off to college is a huge adjustment for both them and you as their parent! No matter how close or far they go sending a care package a week or two after they get settled in their dorm is the perfect way to remind them of home! Let’s face it, It’s also good therapy for mom and dad!
Make A Plan-plan ahead for mailing care packages based on holidays and college schedule. If your kiddo is at college over Labor Day weekend this will be the perfect time to get a care package there! Mark your calendar and send the next one by Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a finals survival care package in December!
Favorite Things-next time you’re at the grocery store grab their favorite snacks to include in the care package! Also, by now they have figured out what they might be needing and don’t have for college. Grab an extra one or two of the specific things and Include them in the care package!
Make it personal– including gift cards is always a good idea and something they will most definitely use at college! Include a picture of the family dog or pet and an upbeat note from you and or siblings!
How To Host A Book Swap:
Make it a Party: Invite your friends! There is no right or wrong number. It’s always fun to invite a few people and have them bring a friend with them.
Bring A Book You Love: Choose a Book you enjoyed and are willing to part with at the party.
Wrapping Station & Special Note:Set out pre-cut wrapping paper, scissors and tape when people arrive they can wrap their book. Also, have not Cards and pens set out and have each guest write why they chose the book and why they enjoyed reading it. Tape the notecard to the wrapped book.
Display:Display the wrapped books on a table and allow the guests to read the handwritten notes placed on the front of each of them. DO NOT INCLUDE the BOOK TITLE on the notecards!
Now Introducing:Gather your guests have Gabe them sit in a large circle. Have everyone introduce themselves and share why they love books and JUST the title of the book they brought (nothing about the book or note written).
Ready, Set SWAP:Everyone choose a Book. You can swap your book ONE TIME!Everyone take turns unwrapping their book. Share why you chose the book and who brought the book to the party!
Food, Drinks & Trivia: Optional, book trivia is a fun addition to the party over appetizers and drinks!
Looove this easy cocktail recipe and it is perfect for a summer gathering with girlfriends! Use your favorite champagne or Prosecco and fill glass halfway. Add fresh grapefruit juice to fill the flute. Garnish with a sprig of thyme. That’s it! Cheers!
Spring is finally here and we’ve got the Ultimate Guide for Hosting A Spring Inspired Brunch! Mommy Magic will have the Do’s & Dont’s for Hosting an easy, affordable and stunning Easter Brunch Inspired by Family, Springtime & Gratitude!
Do you fresh flowers- Fresh greenery or tulips are a YES!
Do incorporate family photos and include everybody!
Do emphasize gratitude and the importance of Spring Renewal & Easter!
Don’t allow phones at the table by adults or kids!
Don’t use fake flowers as a centerpiece!
Don’t do it all yourself… Pitch in is perfect!
- How to remove pet hair – After running a high-powered vacuum through the room, grab your tape roller. When you lightly roll it back and forth, the tape will pick up any leftover stubborn hairs still stuck to your the carpet.
- How to clean blinds – The only things you really need to get rid of dust and grime on blinds are old socks, kitchen tongs, and white vinegar. Just slide the socks onto the tongs, secure with a rubber band or hair tie, dip in a mix of white vinegar and water, and get to cleaning.
- Clean oil with oil – An oil spattered kitchen is just the worst to clean, because try as you may, the soap just never seems to be enough to clean it! So instead, use oil to pick your oil up! Add a few drops of vegetable oil to paper towel, then wipe the greasy surface and watch the oil disappear!
- Dryer sheet magic – A used dryer sheet can buff out water spots from your mirrors and bathroom/kitchen fixtures, tackle waterspots on your shower doors, and even get rid of that loathsome ring in the toilet that just won’t budge! Use new dryer sheets to wipe your baseboards clean, and you’ll be not only be cleaning them but adding a dust-fighting layer to them as you go!
- Clean your dishwasher with vinegar and baking soda – We don’t often think about cleaning the appliances that clean everything else, like your dishwasher, but it needs to be done! Place a container filled with white vinegar in the top rack of your dishwasher and run it on its hottest cycle with nothing else inside. Then, sprinkle some baking soda along the floor of the dishwasher, and run it again on a short-hot cycle, and you’ll have a super clean dish washing machine!
- Revive Drab Drapes – To revive drab drapes, take them down, remove hooks and run them through an air-fluff cycle in the dryer with a damp towel (to attract the dust) for 15 minutes. Re-hang immediately. Wipe blinds with a damp cloth.
- Wash Out Trash Cans – Wash out trash cans. To really clean garbage cans, spray them with a hose and dump out the water. Next, spray the inside with a disinfectant spray, scrub with a handled brush and rinse. Leave them upside down to dry.