- Washable Masks & Book Covers– these are affordable and can be found at most superstores and on amazon. They are easy to cover the kids textbooks and can be removed to be washed regularly.
- Water bottles– many water fountains in school buildings will be limited or not open for use due to COVID restrictions. Be prepared for your kid to need lots of water throughout the school day and many schools are requesting clear water bottles to be used.
- Cases for school supplies– pencil pouches are a great way for your kids to keep their writing utensils clean, sterile and organized. Consider purchasing washable containers for pencils.
- Wipeable Lunch bags- many schools going back are requiring to be brought from home. Wipesble lunch bags are easy to sanitize and clean. Look for them most superstores or on amazon.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer– if possible, stock up now on travel size hand sanitizer and wipes that can conveniently fit in your child’s book bag, lunch container, and desk.
Covid has kept so many of us from interacting with others, but summer is finally here and allows us all to get outside and get moving and motivated.
Go Team- Organize a Family Olympics! Relay races, water ballon toss, an obstacle course and family flag football are great ways to get outside and get moving!
Outdoor Ping Pong Tournament – What you would have done inside – move outside on your driveway or in your yard for an afternoon of social distancing fun! Ping Pong is perfect for kids of all ages!
Giant Jenga Contest- Parents against kids! This is a crowd favorite and will be sure to make everyone laugh!
Prize Bucket- Have some small prizes on hand (side walk chalk, bubbles, favorite treat).
Being at home has given most families more time organize and do projects around the house. Spring Cleaning is a family activity that everyone can help with and see amazing results!
Back to the Basics: Making your own cleaner that works great cleaning your kitchen sink and oven. Recipe: vinegar, orange peel, baking soda and lemon peel; use sponge.
Dryer Sheets- Great for spring cleaning! Place at the bottom of your kitchen trash bags to help illuminate odor. They are great for placing on a toilet paper holder in bathrooms and under car seats as well!
DYI Dusting: Nicer weather is finally here and opening windows around the house to let fresh air is great! Dusting when windows are open is a wonderful activity to get your kids to do! Anyone can dust especially using this non toxic recipe. Recipe: water, vinegar, olive oil, essential oil.
These are scary and uncertain times. Easter is just a reminder that we must choose faith over fear. It’s important to try to plan life events at home that still have meaning and importance to your family.
- Routine- if your place of worship is still closed on Easter Sunday plan on viewing a worship service online or a previously recorded sermon on your church’s website.
- Be Creative– Use what you have to set an Easter Table that celebrates Easter Sunday. It’s not about making it perfect. Instead, make it special by incorporating family photos, Spring home decor and Easter themes.
- Stay Positive & Rejoice– Your children will follow your emotional lead. Set the tone this Easter season with hope, faith and love.
“To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
My bestie from high school sent me a card a long time ago that had the poem SUCCESS by Ralph Waldo Emerson on it. I loved it so much that I put it in a frame and placed it in my bathroom for years. It read:
Although it seems simple and ordinary in concept, it’s deeply extraordinary to me. To show up everyday and try our best. To be kind. Help others. Listen. Care. It’s simple in nature, but deeply meaningful. In 2019, I want to truly define my success by these things. To pay attention and hopefully know that even one life has breathed easier because I have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Making a Touchdown with Trending Tablescape & Football Food Faves.
Check out the Mommy Magic Segment easy how to set up for an amazing SuperBowl Party that is easy, affordable & fun! Food Faves – keep it simple with everyone’s favorite football favorite food. Creating individual meal packs are easy and fun for kiddos! A SuperBowl party is a great time to bring families together.
The New Year is the perfect time to clean out, sort and organize family clutter! We’ve got the trending Organization Hacks that will help your family edit the mess in 2020 in 3 Easy Steps!
- Pantry: Clean & Sort- things creep into your pantry and refrigerator from the holidays and can take on a life of their own. Start 2020 with a deep clean of both zones. Approach it like cleaning a closet. Do you need it or even like it? If the answer is no, clean it out and donate it to a local food pantry!
- Kids Closets & Toys: Organize & Visible- affordable containers, organizers and sorters are easy to find at your local Walmart, Target and online. Consider using a few to help keep your items and toys visible and well as organized!
- No More Mess: Maintain & Declare- don’t buy more until what you have has been sorted, used or consumed. Don’t overstock areas including refrigerator, pantry and closets with unnecessary items that you don’t have plans to use or consume in the next 30 days. Keep it a clutter free space by having what you need, use and enjoy for the next few weeks at a time.
Tips for Creating the Ultimate College Care Packages and ways to help your college kiddo get adjusted & parents too!
Having a child go off to college is a huge adjustment for both them and you as their parent! No matter how close or far they go sending a care package a week or two after they get settled in their dorm is the perfect way to remind them of home! Let’s face it, It’s also good therapy for mom and dad!
Make A Plan-plan ahead for mailing care packages based on holidays and college schedule. If your kiddo is at college over Labor Day weekend this will be the perfect time to get a care package there! Mark your calendar and send the next one by Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a finals survival care package in December!
Favorite Things-next time you’re at the grocery store grab their favorite snacks to include in the care package! Also, by now they have figured out what they might be needing and don’t have for college. Grab an extra one or two of the specific things and Include them in the care package!
Make it personal– including gift cards is always a good idea and something they will most definitely use at college! Include a picture of the family dog or pet and an upbeat note from you and or siblings!
How To Host A Book Swap:
Make it a Party: Invite your friends! There is no right or wrong number. It’s always fun to invite a few people and have them bring a friend with them.
Bring A Book You Love: Choose a Book you enjoyed and are willing to part with at the party.
Wrapping Station & Special Note:Set out pre-cut wrapping paper, scissors and tape when people arrive they can wrap their book. Also, have not Cards and pens set out and have each guest write why they chose the book and why they enjoyed reading it. Tape the notecard to the wrapped book.
Display:Display the wrapped books on a table and allow the guests to read the handwritten notes placed on the front of each of them. DO NOT INCLUDE the BOOK TITLE on the notecards!
Now Introducing:Gather your guests have Gabe them sit in a large circle. Have everyone introduce themselves and share why they love books and JUST the title of the book they brought (nothing about the book or note written).
Ready, Set SWAP:Everyone choose a Book. You can swap your book ONE TIME!Everyone take turns unwrapping their book. Share why you chose the book and who brought the book to the party!
Food, Drinks & Trivia: Optional, book trivia is a fun addition to the party over appetizers and drinks!