As your kids come home with backpacks full of homework and flyers about school events, how do you keep track of it all? Mommy Magic’s Mary Susan has advice on maintaining that back-to-school balancing act.
July is the perfect time to have friends and family over for a Summer BBQ!! Mommy Magic has some easy, no mess, fun tips for throwing the Ultimate Summer Cookout!
- Keep it cool! Trends on coolers and icing down your favorite beverage
- No Mess Placesettings – Easy family and summer inspired ways to set an outside table for a summer cookout!
- Family Style BBQ Bar – Keep it simple with easy family style choices for a delicious summer meal!
Places like the dollar store are a great place to shop. Mommy Magic’s Mary Susan shows us how to create a tablescape with dollar store discounts.
Thanks @AngelaGanote and @Fox59.
Join us for a night to celebrate the journey that is a life lived with love.
Meet author Mary Susan Buhner and hear a reading of her new book, “The Journey”.
15% of every book purchased will go to The Cocktails & Chemo Foundation.
Books, brews & live music.
Like you, we love celebrating the Fourth of July with friends and family! Setting a table can be simple and still reflect the 4th!
A table runner in red, white and blue mix and match plates (mixing and matching plastic dinnerware is great and makes for easy cleanup) and some fresh cut garden flowers make a festive and welcoming table to celebrate the 4th of July!
Summer is here, which means your kids are going to be home all day long begging you for snacks. With all of the fresh fruits and vegetables available, it’s not hard to put together a fun and tasty summer snack.
I found these healthy snacks on Pinterest and I thought I would share :).
Tasty Bugs from Nestle Kitchens.
Frozen Banana Pops from Oven Love via Modern Parents Messy Kids.
The Journey Photo Contest!
I am so excited to announce the launch of my first novel- The Journey! I wanted to write a summer read that we, as women, could get lost in and escape the mental “to do list” in our own heads! I wanted to create characters that told a deeply personal story based on the twists and turns of family and everyday life, but always finding the power in truth, love and hope.
I hope you enjoy, The Journey, and share it will those who have helped you along you’re own journey!
Take a selfie of you and someone who has inspired you in your own journey using #Journey2018 and post it on Mommy Magic’s Facebook or Twitter @Mommy_Magic
Several winners will receive a “Fun In The Sun Summer Swag Bag” and an autographed copy of The Journey!
I love this recipe from “The South’s Best Butts.” BBQ Tots are a crowd pleaser. The best part of this recipe is that the hands-on time is only 25 minutes! Try these this weekend at your Memorial Day BBQ!
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell petter, cut into 1/2- inch pieces
- 4 baked potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Greg’s Dry Rub (recipe below)
Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high. Add the onion and bell pepper; cook stirring often, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes and dry rub, making sure potatoes are in contact with the bottom of the skillet. Cook, without stirring, 8 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the mixture, and cook until browned, about 8 more minutes.
Greg’s Dry Rub
- 1 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
Stir together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container up to 6 months to 1 year. Makes 1 3/4 cup.
Kick off summer with these perfect Memorial Day food ideas! My new favorite cookbook is Southern Living’s, “South’s Best Butts.” This book was featured last year on the Today Show and it did not disappoint. The below recipes are some of my favorites from the cookbook. The recipes easy and got rave reviews from guests. Let me know what you think!
Barbecue Baked Beans
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (optional)
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 (6 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook onion and, if desired, ground beef in a Dutch oven, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon and remaining ingredients, and spoon into a lightly greases 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bean mixture for 1 house stirring once.