It’s time to gather up all your Red, White & Blue USA gear as the Opening Ceremonies of the 2018 Winter Olympic games kick off from PyeongChang, South Korea on February 9th.
The Winter Olympics will showcase athletes from around the world and inspire kids and adults with dreams of being Olympic athletes.
Help adults/kids learn about the Winter Olympics with these fun games & treats.
1. Make and decorate cookies/cupcakes representing the Olympic Rings. (photo cred @surlyhousewife)
2. Make your own Olympic Torches at home. All you need is cake ice cream cones & cheetos. (photo cred @ruthsoukup)
3. Make your own Olympic Bingo cards. I found this bingo card on Pinterest. You can make your own with countries, sports, etc. (https://www.woojr.com/free-winter-olympics-bingo-game/winter-olympics-bingo-card1/ )
4. Make your own Olympic Medals. All you need is construction paper, paint, markers and ribbon. This is also a great way to give your kiddos fine motor skills a workout. (photo cred education.com)
5. Olympic Cocktails – Yes, please! Sugared Champagne or Proseco! Cut lemon into small wedges. Take one wedge and coat the rim of each champagne glass with lemon juice, then dip into colored sugar bowls. Place sugar rimmed glasses into the freezer for 10 minutes. (photo cred https://cupcakesandcashmere.com/)