Please tune in tomorrow to @Fox59 for non candy Valentine’s Day ideas.
I can’t believe it’s time to start thinking about Valentine’s card ideas for kids. I love the idea that Valentine’s Day can be sweet without the “sugar.” Try these adorable DIY crafts. These ideas are low-cost and a healthy alternative for kids. You can find these items at any grocery and craft store. (Target, Michael’s, Wal-Mart).
- Put a cutie in a clear bag attach a tag “You’re a Real Cutie Valentine” (photo cred @ Pretty Providence)
- Use Goldfish as a healthy alternative to candy and sugary treats “So glad we’re in the same school”
- Raisins are an extremely yummy and healthy candy option for Valentine’s Day. Attach a fun little note and you can feel good that you’re promoting good health! (photo cred http://bargainbriana.com)
- It doesn’t get much simpler than Love Stitched’s “You Make My Heart Pop” valentine! Simply affix the printable to a bottle of bubbles, and you’re done!(photo cred. www.popsugar.moms)
- Printable Mason Jars for these creepy, crawly Love Bug valentines! This is a free download on http://moziru.com. (photo cred http://moziru.com)
- Two presses of your thumb create a quick heart that also adds a personal touch to any card. This is great for grandparents and family members. (photo cred http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/valentines-day-ideas)