Spring Cleaning HACKS – Ready to give your home a proper spring cleaning? Start by focusing your spring cleaning efforts for your home!
- How to remove pet hair – After running a high-powered vacuum through the room, grab your tape roller. When you lightly roll it back and forth, the tape will pick up any leftover stubborn hairs still stuck to your the carpet.
- How to clean blinds – The only things you really need to get rid of dust and grime on blinds are old socks, kitchen tongs, and white vinegar. Just slide the socks onto the tongs, secure with a rubber band or hair tie, dip in a mix of white vinegar and water, and get to cleaning.
- Clean oil with oil – An oil spattered kitchen is just the worst to clean, because try as you may, the soap just never seems to be enough to clean it! So instead, use oil to pick your oil up! Add a few drops of vegetable oil to paper towel, then wipe the greasy surface and watch the oil disappear!
- Dryer sheet magic – A used dryer sheet can buff out water spots from your mirrors and bathroom/kitchen fixtures, tackle waterspots on your shower doors, and even get rid of that loathsome ring in the toilet that just won’t budge! Use new dryer sheets to wipe your baseboards clean, and you’ll be not only be cleaning them but adding a dust-fighting layer to them as you go!
- Clean your dishwasher with vinegar and baking soda – We don’t often think about cleaning the appliances that clean everything else, like your dishwasher, but it needs to be done! Place a container filled with white vinegar in the top rack of your dishwasher and run it on its hottest cycle with nothing else inside. Then, sprinkle some baking soda along the floor of the dishwasher, and run it again on a short-hot cycle, and you’ll have a super clean dish washing machine!
- Revive Drab Drapes – To revive drab drapes, take them down, remove hooks and run them through an air-fluff cycle in the dryer with a damp towel (to attract the dust) for 15 minutes. Re-hang immediately. Wipe blinds with a damp cloth.
- Wash Out Trash Cans – Wash out trash cans. To really clean garbage cans, spray them with a hose and dump out the water. Next, spray the inside with a disinfectant spray, scrub with a handled brush and rinse. Leave them upside down to dr