Kick off summer with these perfect Memorial Day food ideas! My new favorite cookbook is Southern Living’s, “South’s Best Butts.” This book was featured last year on the Today Show and it did not disappoint. The below recipes are some of my favorites from the cookbook. The recipes easy and got rave reviews from guests. Let me know what you think!
Barbecue Baked Beans
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (optional)
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 (6 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook onion and, if desired, ground beef in a Dutch oven, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the bacon and remaining ingredients, and spoon into a lightly greases 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake bean mixture for 1 house stirring once.