I used to spend a lot of time with my grandmother when I was a little girl. A matter a fact, I adored her so much that as a young adult, I spent a lot of time with her then too. I liked being around her. She was always busy, but a different kind of busy that I know now as a mother. Looking back, to me, it seemed to be a productive busy. She was always baking, gardening, canning, or sewing. I am sure it was sometime tedious work for her like carpool is for me today. Looking back, it seems so romantic to me as an adult now. Picking apples from a tree in the backyard and moments later making a fresh apple pie from it. I crave that kind of productivity now. Pick, bake and eat. Magic? I wish. Thinking about it, I don’t think it is magic so much, but rather, a form of balance. Finding that balance between carpool, work, Twitter and Instagram and a simpler time is a hard and complex task now a days. I am not saying that I am going to start canning or hanging our laundry on a clothes line. I am, however, going to be more aware and deliberate about my productivity. For me, more time looking up from my phone typically means feeling more in balance. So here is to 2019 and looking up more. I am pretty sure it is where all the good stuff is anyway…
Trending Decor to Make Your Home Merry & Bright This Holiday Season!
- Mad for Plaid– Christmas Plaids are at the top of the trending to do list this holiday season! Anything from throws, to pillows to dinnerware! You can’t go wrong for incorporating plaid into your Christmas this year!
- Farmhouse Inspired– Rustic charm is inspiring this holiday season’s decor. Stenciled signs with a holiday flare are perfect for home and as a gift!
- Collectibles are always In! Christmas nostalgia is always trending and in! Pull out those special items handed down from generation to generation or start a collection of your own! Family photos, snow globes, silver….
Tips for Spooktacular TableScapes & a Halloween Inspired BOOfett!
Don’t have time to plan a Halloween party this year? We have the perfect potion instead! An easy and fun Halloween Treat Buffett!
- Table decor can be easy and affordable! Check out these Halloween inspired Ideas to set your Spooktacular table in 15 minutes or less!
- Keep it Simple! The wonderful thing about Halloween is the more imperfect it is…the more fun! A Donut Buffett and Popcorn Bar are easy and crowd favorites!
- Spooktacular takeaways! Give your little goblins a Halloween take-home treat! These are easy and something you can pick up at the dollar bin!
Tips for Hosting A Pinterest Inspired Tailgate!
It’s football season and tailgating itself has become a sport! It’s easy to get inspired. Pull together the ultimate tailgating experience to cheer on your favorite team with family and friends!
- Use indoor decor to inspire a tailgate theme. Rustic casual decor you already have is the perfect way to bring a fun and current vibe to your tailgate.
- Use an easy app like HobNob to send out the word! This app is free and so easy in helping you create a tailgate theme and get the word out on details like when and where!
- Drink Station, Dessert Station, candy station and more! Food that is easy and for sure will please your tailgate crowd!
Having a child go off to college is a huge adjustment for both them and you as their parent! No matter how close or far they go sending a care package a week or two after they get settled in their dorm is the perfect way to remind them of home! Let’s face it, It’s also good therapy for mom and dad!
- Make A Plan – Plan ahead for mailing care packages based on holidays and college schedule. If your kiddo is at college over Labor Day weekend this will be the perfect time to get a care package there! Mark your calendar and send the next one by Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a finals survival care package in December!
- Favorite Things – Next time you’re at the grocery store grab their favorite snacks to include in the care package! Also, by now they have figured out what they might be needing and don’t have for college. Grab an extra one or two of the specific things and Include them in the care package!
- Make it personal- Including gift cards is always a good idea and something they will most definitely use at college! Include a picture of the family dog or pet and an upbeat note from you and or siblings!
As your kids come home with backpacks full of homework and flyers about school events, how do you keep track of it all? Mommy Magic’s Mary Susan has advice on maintaining that back-to-school balancing act.
July is the perfect time to have friends and family over for a Summer BBQ!! Mommy Magic has some easy, no mess, fun tips for throwing the Ultimate Summer Cookout!
- Keep it cool! Trends on coolers and icing down your favorite beverage
- No Mess Placesettings – Easy family and summer inspired ways to set an outside table for a summer cookout!
- Family Style BBQ Bar – Keep it simple with easy family style choices for a delicious summer meal!
Places like the dollar store are a great place to shop. Mommy Magic’s Mary Susan shows us how to create a tablescape with dollar store discounts.
Thanks @AngelaGanote and @Fox59.